Dabolim International Airport
The majority of foreign tourists should get acquainted with the Dabolim airport because it is the only air port of the state of Goa. It is located on the southern outskirts of the city of Vasco da Gama, near the village Dabolim, 30 km from the capital city Panaji. It is used primarily as the military airfield, deigned to accept passenger traffic because of the lack of other options.
The growth of a tourist stream, however, forced the government of Goa to take measures for expansion of the airport and restriction of military flights. Nowadays the airport features the international terminal, it accepts charters from almost all cities of the world. Nevertheless, it isn't necessary to expect modern level of condition and service. As for equipment the airport Dabolim leaves much to be desired for the time being.
Some practical aspects:
- Full name: Goa International Airport Vasco-da-Gama (DABOLIM).
- IATA Code: GOI.
- The terminal 1 operates domestic flights, and the Terminal 2 operates international flights.
- At the airport there is no free Internet access. Wi-Fi is only via Tata Indicom.
- At the airport there is a First Aid post.
On arrival :
- Movement between plane and the building of the airport is carried out only by bus.
- Customs control is to be passed.
- You have to submit the filled out Arrival card in customs.
- There is one luggage claim area. It has two carousels.
- There are luggage-carts in the territory of the airport.
- Currency exchange isn't recommended at the airport because it is quite unfavorable in rates.
- There is the fixed price taxi stand at the exit of the airport. Taxis can drive to the majority of resorts.
- The railway station is a kilometer away from the airport.
On departure :
- The airside area can only be accessed by passengers with a valid ticket not earlier than in 4 hours prior to a scheduled flight departure. It is usually enough to arrive at the airport 2 hours prior to flight.
- You are to pass security and customs control.
- Check-in is performed according to a carrier, not by flight number.
- You have to submit the filled out Departure card in customs.
- It is highly recommended that you pack your luggage. Luggage wrapping machine is located in the international departures hall. Luggage-carts are to be used before check-in. There is no luggage compartment.
- Food facilities at the airport are strongly limited. There is a cafe and the snack vending machine in the international hall.
Villas in Goa.
Please contact us for assistance (between 10AM-7PM):
+91 734 9337153Or email us: