Christmas and New Year are huge in Goa. There are parties everywhere, celebrations, music festivals and rock concerts, singing, dancing, the best of seafood and Konkani delicacies, water sports, and the beaches too are at their best. Very nice and mild weather means you can spend a lot of time outdoors doing all the activities. Dance and party till late in the night without sweating! Festivity in the air makes everyone happy. New hopes and aspirations for the coming year! The whole of Goa is decorated and lit up as Christmas and the New Year approaches. The churches are looking beautiful. This is one time of the year when everyone wants to be in Goa.
Goa’s Portuguese Connection
Goa was a colony of Portugal for a long time and is thus mostly Christian. The Portuguese influence is still visible everywhere, in food, culture, religion, and even in the way the locals dress. There are many ancient churches in Goa where you will find some of the oldest scriptures. The churches are wonderfully decorated. You can visit, and offer your prayers on the Christmas and New Year eve, asking for good health, wealth and fortune in the year ahead.
Top 9 Places To Party In Goa
What’s a New Year eve without some serious partying? Here are the best party places in Goa –
- LPK Waterfront – ‘Love Passion Karma’ or the LPK Waterfront is located beside the Nerul River in Candolim. This is a high octane nightclub, which is at its best during the Christmas and New Year festive season. Many believe, this is the ultimate place for party lovers. Unique décor and ambience with sculptures and surreal carvings. The DJs play music throughout the night. The crowd is young and very trendy. You can head to the Sun Deck to take a break from all the music and dancing.
- SinQ Beach Club – Very close to LPK, the Sinq club is located between the Nerul River and Sinquerim beach in North Goa. Indian and international DJs play music in different genres. LED dancers and fire dancing add to the excitement. Poolside cabanas give it a luxury experience. There are pool parties and live stage performances as well. Enjoy barbeques, fire pizza, European, and Goan cuisine.
- Hill Top – Hill Top in Vagator is one of Goa’s most happening party destination. A cult place for trance music lovers, there is always a huge crowd here on the New Year eve. Everyone is seeing dancing and having fun at the large dance floor amid the palm and majestic baobab trees. The club is decorated with fluorescent ribbons, whimsical designs, and bright colors. Enjoy the special psychedelic parties.
- Curlies – This is a beach shack at Anjuna beach in North Goa. This lively beachfront shack hosts some of the wildest parties in Goa. Live music, cocktails, and food are served in the rooftop. Right on the Anjuna beach, you can easily take a break from the dancing and music here whenever you want. The Anjuna flea market is close. Just south of Curlies is Shiva Valley, another great party place for trance lovers on New Year eve.
- Club Cubana – This is a vibrant nightclub, east of Curlies and Anjuna beach. On the Arpora hill, Cubana offers a spacious outdoor area with pool, private lounges, a funky dance floor, and hip-shaking music. This neon-lit nightclub has a terrific ambience where you can party under the starlit sky.
- Club Tito’s – The most famous nightclub in Goa is located at Tito’s Lane in Baga, North Goa. Expect loud pulsating music, and electrifying lights on the New Year eve. The dance floor is busy as music and party lovers from all over the world come here to party. Open-air parties. Indian and international DJs. Café Mambo, which is also very popular, is just across the lane.
- Nyex Beach Club – This is a new club in north Goa, next to the Anjuna beach view point, but close to Vagator. You can see rappers performing here as the DJs play along.
- Leopard Valley – One of the few nightclubs in South Goa, east of the Agonda beach. This high octane nightclub is located in a forest quarry and has a 7-metre high DJ stage. This is a good place for trance music and EDM. There are laser shows as well.
- Kamaki – This pub and nightclub is just a few meters from Baga beach in North Goa. Greek ambience with international food! Music and parties to welcome the New Year. The parties last all night.
Apart from this, there are special New Year evenings and parties at many beach shacks in Goa. Just go to a happening shack, order your food, drinks, and you can join the fun. If you have rented a villa or an independent house, you can also have your own private party there to enjoy an unforgettable Goa holiday in your own style.
Traditionally many people, both locals and tourists, visit the seashore at midnight and enjoy a glass of champagne welcoming the New Year. They dance and feast, and enjoy the fireworks. Everyone is in a festive mood.
Enjoy A Quiet Dinner
Those who do not like to party often have a quiet dinner with their friends or family at a club or restaurant with a live performance. The music is slow and very soothing. There is champagne and wine. Romantic couples book a candlelit dinner at a restaurant, garden or terrace overlooking the Arabian Sea.
There are fireworks everywhere close to the New Year. It peaks just as the clock ticks over. Just set out a blanket on the beach, sit back, and you can see the fireworks lighting up the night sky. The best can be seen at Baga, Candolim, Calangute, and Vagator in the north, and Bogmalo and Colva in the south.
Lanterns are released into the sky during the evening. It looks breathtaking as they sail away silently into the night. Make a wish as the flaming torch goes away. They are often called ‘lanterns of hope’. You can also release a lantern. They are available everywhere on the beach.
You can have a bonfire and barbeque dinner right on the beach under the beautiful night sky to usher in the New Year. In several beaches, you can easily find a nice quiet spot where you can have your own private party. Cooking the ham, sausage, or stake as your friends are singing or playing the guitar will be special.
How To Prepare Yourself For A Trip To Goa On New Year Holidays?
This is the peak tourist season in Goa. So always book your accommodation in advance. In fact, often, they are booked months in advance. It is better that you purchase the airline ticket quickly. Also remember, the prices of everything – transportation, food, drinks, and even the room will be higher this time of the year. You can save a lot of money by booking early.
Rate this article:
Rated 4.5 / 5 based on 2 reviews.